1. The best time to visit Tuscany is May, September and October as these are the main seasons (spring, summer, autumn.) The landscapes are said to be as their most picturesque as these times of the year, and you’re more guaranteed with typical seasonal weather conditions. July is Tuscany’s most hottest month with temperatures from 23°C up to 30°C!
2. Tipping restaurants, tax drivers or hotels is not customary in Italy in general. Sometimes Italians will leave small change at bars, or when staying in exclusive hotels but it’s not required of you unless there is a service charge . Although perhaps 10% can be left as a good will gesture !
3. Most business premises in Italy will open at 9:00 am and close for up to 4 hours before reopening again.
4. Tuscany is full of things to do and see from food, art, history, landscapes, fashion and handicrafts – you’ll always be entertained. If it’s your first time in Tuscany then you should visit Florence, Siena and San Gimignano. If you prefer quaint little towns, picturesque islands and rolling hills try : Pietrasanta, Elba, and The Chianti area.
5. Italian Banks and ATM’s charge a service fee. So to have a cost-effective holiday use your credit card. Most credit cards are free or have a set nominal fee and many shops, and even markets in Italy now accept major credit cards.