In our last blog, we explored the artistic influences that Pietrasanta offers. This time, it’s all about the cuisine!
Italian food is loved by most of us! Pizza, cheese, lasagne, and spaghetti bolognese, you name it, it’s all delicious.
That’s why we think it’s important that you experience a food market in the home land of authentic and tasty cooking. So why not try Pietrasanta’s food market, held on the 2nd weekend of every month.
Keeping in theme with Italian food, we have found this lovely recipe via http://www.tablespoon.com to make scrummy bruschetta.
- 12 slices of Italian bread. 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup of olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of small capers, drained.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1. Heath the oven to 375 ºF.
2. Place bread slices on un-greased cookie sheet. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil on each slice of bread. Bake for 8 minutes until golden brown.
3. While bread is toasting, mix the remaining ingredients. Spoon the tomato mixture onto bread slices and serve at room temperature,
“I first discovered Marina di Pietrasanta last July, a wonderful destination with something for everyone. Superb beaches with a mountain backdrop, tennis, golf, culture, history and art. But most important from my point of view – great Italian cuisine, uncommercialised cooking! Take only the best ingredients, blend them with a large helping of Italian style and flair, serve in a relaxed, bustling atmosphere and savour the flavours of Italy. Bon Apetito!” – Paul Heathcote
Take back your fresh produce to one our properties, http://www.bridgewater-travel.co.uk/pietrasanta-tuscany-coast-italy and try your hand at some local cooking for all the family.
Visit our website for more information today : http://www.bridgewatertravel.co.uk/